Colectivo Ioé this year celebrates 30 years of research activity. To celebrate, Colectivo Ioé has been thought that the best way to do this is to share with other interested people, their experience of observation and analysis of Spanish society.
The intention is to reflect from the practice, from the work done, how to carry out empirical research with an interdisciplinary approach, from the structural perspective (qualitative exploration), distributive (registers and surveys) or dialectics (the strategy of the clientele and position of the investigated population), according to the well known classification of Jesus Ibáñez.
Colectivo Ioé is directed to professionals and students who want to delve into the research practices and contribute to a comprehensive analysis of the social processes. In particular will address the evolution in the praxis sociological:
- The demand for research (who promotes it, for what, etc);
- The methodologies used (appropriateness, feasibility, new practices);
- The scope and use of the results.
30 years of social research
Madrid. April-June 2012
5 Thematic Workshops
a weekly session
The proposal includes five thematic workshops, each with five sessions, that take as a working basis a selection of the investigations carried out by Colectivo Ioé in the following areas:
- Workshop 1: Inequality and social exclusion.
- Workshop 2: Immigration.
- Workshop 3: Education. Childhood and youth.
- Workshop 4: Women and gender relations.
- Workshop 5: Health, disabilities, care.
The first two workshops will take place between 26 April and 28 June 2012 on the basis of one weekly session (Thursdays, 18 to 20:30 h.). The remaining three after the summer, dates not yet closed.
The sessions will take place at the new headquarters of the Colectivo Ioé, calle Montera, 10, 3rd, 7 (Metro Sol).
By e-mail to: [email protected]
More information on the phone: 91 531 01 23
A workshop (five sessions) 175 €
Two workshops (ten sessions) 300 €
April / May 2012
Sessions 1 and 2 (26 April and 3 may)
Presentation of the workshop and general orientation of the selected studies around inequality and social exclusion, methodologies employed and main results.
Sessions 3 and 4 (10 and 17 may)
Review of two studies (Extremadura, pending issue, 1990; and social Barometer of Spain, 2008)
to explore all the dimensions involved (demand conditions, project design, field work, analysis and drafting of report, dissemination of results).
Session 5 (24 may)
Outstanding issues; other approaches and lines of analysis.
- Research papers-action of the Neighborhood of the Geraniums (Vallecas): 1) Our new neighborhood: a project of the neighbors and for the neighbors, 1986; 2) So we can see the life (three discussion groups),
- 1988; 3) Survey the neighbors, 1990.
- (With Jorge Moas, Jesus Rivillo and Candid Robledo) passers marginalized in Extremadura, Caritas of Extremadura and the Ministry of Labour, 1986 (not published).
- Family farming in depressed areas. Collective identity, associationism and participation. Cáritas Española, Madrid, 1986.
- The poverty in Spain. Report context requested by the European Programme of Fight against Poverty, Madrid, 1989 (not published).
- Citizen participation and volunteering social, EFOSS/ city Council of Madrid, 1989.
- Extremadura, pending issue, Caritas de Plasencia, Madrid, 1990.
- Neighbors of Gurugu. Their problems and ways of organization, Association of residents in the Neighbourhood of Gurugú (Badajoz), 1991.
- The poverty in Castilla y León. Socio-economic study. Cáritas Regional de Castilla y León, Salamanca, 1991.
- Triangle of the Water. Prospecting sociological, Junta Municipal de Vallecas (Madrid), 1995.
- (With Alfonso Ortí) The project +60 of Prosperity (Madrid): intervention of volunteers based in the IAP, an Association of Neighboring Valle Inclán, Madrid, 1997.
- Population and poverty in Castilla y León, Junta de Castilla y León, Madrid, 1999.
- Labour insertion of the prison population in the Community of Madrid, Economic and Social Council, Madrid, 2001 (not published).
- Exploration of non-coverage and the waiver of the right in the context of Spanish social policy, European Programme EXNOTA, Madrid, 2003 (not published).
- Experiences of discrimination of ethnic minorities in Spain. Immigrants and collective gypsy, European Monitoring Centre on Racism and Xenophobia, Vienna, 2003.
- Just as human beings. Stories of insertion of migrants with problems in the Valencian Community, CEIM, Valencia, 2004.
- (With Emma Mateos) Social Barometer of Spain: analysis of period 1994-2006 from a system of indicators, Traficantes de Sueños, Madrid, 2008.
- (With Cooperative Heliconia) Grounds of discrimination in Spain, Directorate-General against Discrimination, Ministry of Equality, Madrid, 2009.
- “Social structure and management of the poverty in Spain”, in the Proceedings of the Symposium on poverty in Aragon, Caritas of Zaragoza, 1989.
- “Ideologies of social intervention in the Spain of the 90s”, in corporate Documentation, No. 81, 1990.
- “Depoliticisation of the ‘social question’. Reflections on the marginalization”, in Economy and Society, No. 12, 1995.
- “1994-2007: closes a cycle of expansion, speculative and social regression”, in Papers of relations, eco-social and global change, No. 105, 2009.
May / June 2012
Sessions 1 and 2 (31 may and 4 June)
Presentation of the workshop and general orientation of the selected studies on immigration, methodologies employed and main results.
Sessions 3 and 4 (7 and 21 June)
Review of two studies (immigrants in Spain, 1987; and Discourses of the migrant population around his installation in Spain, 2010) to explore all the dimensions involved (demand conditions, project design, field work, analysis and drafting of report, dissemination of results).
Session 5 (June 28)
Outstanding issues; other approaches and lines of analysis.
- Immigrants in Spain, a Monograph of corporate Documentation, No. 66, Madrid, 1987.
- The foreign immigration in Catalonia, Generalitat de Catalunya, Barcelona, 1992.
- New migration dynamics in Europe and their effects on the processes of integration and social exclusion. Report on Spain. Madrid, 1994 (published in part in j. CARBONELL, F., On interculturalitat, No. 3, Fundació BE.GI, Girona, 1994, pp. 29-56).
- The presence of the South. Moroccans in Catalonia, Foundations, Madrid, 1995.
- Speeches of the Spaniards on foreigners. Paradoxes of otherness, CIS, Madrid, 1995.
- Job discrimination against migrant workers in Spain, International Labour Office, Geneva, 1995.
- Situation of immigration in Spain. 1997, Forum of Immigrants of the European Union, Madrid, 1998.
- Immigration and labour: migrant workers in the construction sector (poles and moroccans in Madrid and Barcelona), IMSERSO, Madrid, 1998.
- Immigration and work: immigrant workers in the hospitality sector, IMSERSO, Madrid, 1999.
- Immigrants, workers, citizens: a vision of the migrations from Spain, the Patronat Sud-Nord, University of Valencia, 1999.
- Women, migration and Work, IMSERSO, Madrid, 2001. “I don’t want to be less!” Exploration on the employment discrimination of immigrants in Spain, UGT, Madrid, 2001.
- Immigration, schooling and the labour market, “la Caixa” Foundation, Barcelona, 2002.
- The intercultural coexistence in the city of Madrid. Survey 2005. Partly published in Gimenez, C. and Lores, N. (coord.), Yearbook of the intercultural coexistence in the city of Madrid, Ayuntamiento de Madrid, 2006.
- Immigration and housing in Spain, IPO/ Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, Madrid, 2006.
- (With Alfonso Ortí) living in Madrid. Speeches on the model of development of the city and the installation of an immigrant population, Observatory on Migrations and Intercultural Coexistence of the city of Madrid, 2007.
- (With Mario Ortí) Discourses of the migrant population around his installation in Spain. Qualitative exploration, CIS, Madrid, 2010.
- “Spain, the southern border of Europe”, in corporate Documentation, No. 77, 1989.
- “How to study international migration”, in Migration, the Journal of the Instituto Universitario de Migraciones, Madrid, No. 0, 1996.
- “The society of Spanish and foreign immigration”, in Papers of Spanish Economy, No. 98, 2003.
- “What is the discussion group? A critical review of the use of group techniques in the studies on migration”, in Empiría, UNED, No. 19, 2010.
Download PDF brochure: 5 THEMATIC WORKSHOPS
For the three workshops that followed, Cisolog is pending to keep you informed and publish the schedule.