The Connecticut School Counselor Association recognizes that school counselors are essential to the educational reform efforts in Connecticut. Each year CSCA honors one counselor and one administrator who have made significant contributions to moving the profession of school counseling forward and who have advocated to promote the academic, personal/social and career development needs of ALL students.
SCHOOL COUNSELOR OF THE YEAR AWARD
To recognize outstanding school counselors who have given service at the local, state or national level that promotes and advances the field of professional school counseling. "Service" is defined as work done or duties performed primarily with the intent of benfiting or giving assistance to others rather than for personal gain.
- Presently a member of CSCA
- Documented efforts to strengthen the school counseling profession
- Documented efforts to expand opportunities for the school counseling profession
- Documented contributions that have had widespread impact on the immediate school setting and/or the community
- Implements the CT Comprehensive School Counseling Program
CSCA ADMINISTRATOR OF THE YEAR AWARD
To recognize an individual who clearly demonstrates a commitment to the school counseling profession.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the school counseling profession
- Is actively supportive and facilitative of school counselors
Award winners will be featured in the CSCA Newsletter, Fall Conference Program and on our website. Winners will be honored at the CSCA Fall Conference. The winner of the CT School Counselor of the Year Award will be nominated as the CT candidate for the ASCA School Counselor of the Year..