The Connecticut School Counselor Association promotes excellence in professional school counseling by advocating for the role and programs of school counselors and by demonstrating leadership in developing new and supportive services and programs for its members.
- School Counselor Directory
- Best Practices in School Counseling in Connecticut
- Connecticut Comprehensive School Counseling Program
- A Focus on Accountability for School Counselors
- Professional Development Events offering CEU's
- Public Policy and Legislation Efforts State and Federal
- Legislative Activities
- Up to Date Professional Information
- Web site: ctschoolcounselor.org
- Research and Knowledge
- Networking Opportunities
CSCA is the only organization in CT dedicated to furthering the needs and mission of school counselors. You'll learn about best practices in school counseling. You'll benefit from others' experiences and research. Most of all, you'll join hundreds of other school counselors to share a common vision - to promote the academic, personal/social and career development success of ALL students. The American School Counselor Association Ethical Standards for School Counselors states in section F.2.Contribution to the Profession "the professional school counselor:
- Actively participates in local, state and national associations which foster the development and improvement of school counseling.
- Contributes to the development of the profession through sharing skills, ideas and expertise with colleagues."