How do I know what job to apply for?
Tips for Deciding Whether to Apply for a Job
- Make a List of the Desired Characteristics of Your Ideal Job.
- Don’t Apply for a Job When You Are Struggling to Decide If You Are Interested.
- Assess Your Personality.
- Research the Employer.
- Make a List of Your Most Compelling Assets.
- Review the Job Requirements.
- Set a Goal for Job Applications Each Week.
What are the highest paying teenage jobs?
Here are 15 high-paying jobs for teenagers to consider if you’re looking for work opportunities:
- Landscape laborer.
- Dog walker.
- Youth sports referee.
- Delivery service driver.
- Pet sitter.
- Automotive technician. National average salary: $19.55 per hour.
- Tutor. National average salary: $21.31 per hour.
What jobs can you work at 17?
Local Business Jobs
- Barista. Ah, the sweet smell of coffee.
- Juice/Smoothie Shop Cashier. The only thing you need to know going into this job is how NOT to stick your hand into a blender.
- Front Desk Receptionist (At a Spa, Salon or Hotel)
- Front Desk Associate at a Fitness or Yoga Studio.
- Retail Sales Associate.
How much do 17 year olds get paid per hour?
How much should I be paid? Although some exceptions may apply, in most circumstances you must be paid the federal minimum wage, $7.25 per hour. Your eligibility for the federal minimum wage depends on what you do and where you work.
What’s the latest a 17 year old can work?
In general, 16- and 17-year-olds may not work between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. But they can work in manufacturing, mechanical, or mercantile establishments until 11 p.m. or in a supermarket until midnight if there is no school the next day.
What jobs pay over $100 an hour?
Here is the list of the top jobs that pay over $100 an hour:
- Life coach.
- Underwater welder.
- Freelance photographer.
- Political speechwriter.
- Tattoo artist.
- Massage therapist.
- Interior designer.
- Commercial pilot.
Is 30 an hour a good wage?
To someone who just graduated highscool or even college, a $30 an hour full time position would be a good (possibly great) salary. To an individual with 20 years of experience and multiple advanced degrees, $30 an hour would likely be far below market value.