How do you cite the same author multiple times in a paragraph APA?
2. The second and subsequent time you use a parenthetical citation, you will still give the full in-text citation (Author’s last name, year). Example: Using APA allows students to have consistency with other writings in their field of study (Grammer, 2013).
Do you need to cite the same source multiple times MLA?
No, you can use the same source more than once, and only list it a single time in your Works Cited page. Your in-text citation provides the page number information. The citation in the body of your paper for a book will include the author or authors’ last name(s) and the page number.
What do you do when two sources have the same name?
If you cite two works by the same author, you must provide a short title in your in-text citation, and if two or more works by an author have the same title, additional information is needed so that the reference, if not quite as brief, will be clear.
How do you cite more than 6 authors in APA?
- 2 Authors: Always cite both authors’ names in-text everytime you reference them. Example: Johnson and Smith (2009) found…
- 6 or More Authors: If a document has six or more authors, simply provide the last name of the first author with “et al.” from the first citation to the last. Example: Thomas et al.
How do you cite 8 or more authors in APA?
For the in-text citation for a book with eight or more authors, include the first author and then ‘et al. ‘. Include the first six authors’ names, then insert three ellipsis points and add the last author name in the Reference List.
How do you cite 7 authors in APA 6th edition?
Use only the first author’s name and ‘et al. ‘ the first time you discuss the research and thereafter. You need to name all the authors in the order they appear on the title page of the book.
How do you in text cite a website in APA 6th edition?
Luckily, writing the in-text citation for a website or webpage is easy: Simply include the author and year of publication. The URL goes in the corresponding reference list entry (and yes, you can leave the links live).
How do you reference on Wikipedia?
- Title of article (in single quotation marks).
- Year that the site was published/last updated (in round brackets).
- Title of wiki site (in italics).
- Available at: URL.
- (Accessed: date).
Can you cite Wikipedia in APA?
Generally speaking, no. In fact, if you’re writing a paper as a class assignment, your teacher may specifically prohibit citing Wikipedia. Don’t quote or paraphrase from the Wikipedia entry in your paper, but check the entry’s Reference section to find links to more authoritative sources.