How do you describe a book?
Terms in this set (98)
- action-packed. full of action.
- addictive. Making someone want it so much that the person feels ill without it.
- adventurous. a person who likes adventure, takes rish to have an adventure.
- amusing. funny; enjoyable.
- astonishing. surprising, amazing, astounding.
How do you describe a book you like?
For instance, you may be asked to describe a favourite book, describe something you read recently, describe something that made an impression on you, the last book you read or a book you would like to read….You should say:
- what this book was about.
- why you decided to read it.
- what you enjoyed about the book.
What type of book is it?
List of Book Genres
|Graphic novel||Home and garden|
What is a good favorite book?
Whatever the reason, people can’t get enough of these classic works of fiction:
- ‘The Great Gatsby’ by F.
- ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’ by Harper Lee.
- ‘Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone’ by J.K. Rowling.
- ‘1984’ by George Orwell.
- ‘The Catcher in the Rye’ by J.D.
- Every Other Harry Potter Book.
- ‘The Hobbit’ by J.R.R. Tolkien.
What is the most popular book to read?
Which is the most popular book?
What is America’s favorite book?
What are the 100 books that everyone should read?
100 books everyone should read before they die (ranked!)
- “To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee.
- “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen.
- “The Diary of Anne Frank” by Anne Frank.
- “1984” by George Orwell.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” by J.K. Rowling.
- “The Lord of the Rings” (1-3) by J.R.R. Tolkien.
What is the most read book in the US?
PBS The Great American Read: 100 Most-Loved Books
- To Kill A Mockingbird. by Lee, Harper. Book – 2010.
- Outlander. by Gabaldon, Diana.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. by Rowling, J.
- Pride and Prejudice. by Austen, Jane.
- The Lord of the Rings. by Tolkien, J. R. R.
- Gone With the Wind. by Mitchell, Margaret.
- Charlotte’s Web. by White, E. B.
- Little Women. by Alcott, Louisa May.
What book sold the most copies in 2020?
The Promised Land
What is the #1 best selling book on Amazon?
Best Sellers of 2019 in Books
- #1. Where the Crawdads Sing. Delia Owens.
- #2. Becoming. Michelle Obama.
- #3. Educated: A Memoir.
- #4. Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls: From the…
- #5. Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies…
- #6. Dog Man: Fetch-22: From the Creator of Captain…
- #7. Wrecking Ball (Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book 14)
- #8. The Wonderful Things You Will Be.
What are the best selling books today?
- Win by Harlan Coben.
- The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah.
- Life after Death by Sister Souljah.
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig.
- Klara and the Sun by Kazuo Ishiguro.
- The Invisible Life of Addie Larue by V. E. Schwab.
- Dark Sky by C. J. Box.
- We Begin at the End by Chris Whitaker.
Who is the best selling author 2020?
The New York Times Fiction Best Sellers of 2020
|March 15||Blindside||James Patterson and James O. Born|
|March 22||House of Earth and Blood||Sarah J. Maas|
|March 29||The Mirror and the Light||Hilary Mantel|
|April 5||The Boy from the Woods||Harlan Coben|
What are the top 20 best selling books?
These are the 20 best-selling books of all time:
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
- The Catcher in the Rye.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
- The Alchemist.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
- Think and Grow Rich.
What are the top 5 most read books in the world?
Most Read Books In The World Of All Time
- #1 – The Holy Bible.
- #2 – The Holy Quran.
- #3 – The Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse Tung.
- #4 – The Harry Potter Series by J.K Rowling.
- #5 – The Lord of The Rings by J.R.R Tolkien.
- #6 – The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
- #7 – The Da Vinci Code By Dan Brown.
- #8 – The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer.
What is the longest fiction book in English?
Artamène ou le Grand Cyrus
What is the thickest book in the world?
Agatha Christie book is the world’s thickest. A book with a collection of all of Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple stories is recognised by the Guinness World Records as the thickest book published. More than a foot thick, the 4,032-pages book weighs 8.04kg, and has 12 novels and 20 short stories.