How do you write a list of tables and figures?
To create a combined list of tables and figures
- After the table of contents, click where you want to insert the list.
- In the Insert menu, pull down to Index and Tables.
- Click Table of Figures.
- Check Include label and number, Show page numbers, Right align page numbers.
- Click Options.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
How do I align a list of figures in Word?
Click anywhere inside the list. From the Numbering dropdown (in the Paragraph group), choose Define New Number Format (at the bottom). In the resulting dialog, change the Alignment setting from Left to Right, as shown in Figure G. Click OK to see the newly aligned list shown in Figure H.
How do I modify a list of figures in Word?
Here’s one way: On the References tab, click Insert Table of Figures. Click the Modify button. In the Style dialog, click Modify again, and make the desired changes. When you are done, click OK until you are back in the Table of Figures dialog box.
How do I automatically insert a list of tables in Word?
Automatic Lists of Figures, Tables and Equations Place your cursor where you want your list to be. On the References Ribbon, in the Captions Group, click the Insert Table of Figures icon (even for lists of tables and equations).
How do you insert a table of contents in Word 2016?
How to Add a Table of Contents in Word 2016
- Format your document using heading styles found on the Home tab, e.g., Heading 1, Heading 2, and so on.
- Place the cursor where you want the table of contents to appear (usually, the beginning of the document)
- Click Table of Contents on the References Tab, and choose one of the types of tables of contents available.
How do I link headings to Table of Contents in Word?
Add the link
- Select the text or object you want to use as a hyperlink.
- Right-click and then click Hyperlink .
- Under Link to, click Place in This Document.
- In the list, select the heading or bookmark that you want to link to.
How do I fix the format of a table of contents in Word?
Format the text in your table of contents
- Go to References > Table of Contents > Custom Table of Contents.
- Select Modify.
- In the Styles list, click the level that you want to change and then click Modify.
- In the Modify Style pane make your changes.
- Select OK to save changes.
How do you link a table of contents in words to pages?
Now place the cursor at the position you want to insert the table of linkable contents, click References > Table of Contents > Custom Table of Contents. 3. In the Table of Contents dialog, keep Show page numbers, Right align page numbers and Use hyperlinks instead of page numbers options checked, click Options.
How do I insert a heading 5 in a table of contents?
Change the heading levels reported in the TOC
- Click anywhere inside the TOC.
- Go to the References tab > Table of Contents > Insert Table of Contents.
- On the Table of Contents window, change the Show levels setting from 3 to 4 or 5, depending on how deep you want to go.
- Click OK.
- Say Yes to replace the existing TOC.
How do I make the header appear in the table of contents?
(3) To add a Heading to the Table of Contents, highlight the added heading on the document, and click on the correct “Heading” button ( e.i. Heading 1, or Heading 2, etc.) at the “Styles” Section from the “Home” Tab.
What is a table of contents definition?
A table of contents, usually headed simply Contents and abbreviated informally as TOC, is a list, usually found on a page before the start of a written work, of its chapter or section titles or brief descriptions with their commencing page numbers.
How you will add or remove the header and footer?
Add or remove headers or footers
- On the Insert tab, in the Header & Footer group, click Header or Footer.
- Select the options you want from the toolbar, type the header or footer text you want, and then apply the font and paragraph settings you want to the header and footer text.
- On the Header and Footer toolbar, click Close Master Page.
How do I remove the header from a table of contents?
For a quick fix, click on the header in the table of contents and delete the information by pressing the “Delete” key. However, if you update the table of contents in the future, the information will reappear. If you want a permanent removal of the information, you must remove the header tag from the document.