CSCA SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
PURPOSE: To provide assistance to graduate students in an approved program of School Counseling in a Connecticut college or university. The scholarship is open to Connecticut residents who are matriculated in a program for School Counseling certification. The applicant(s) must plan to enter school service with his/her counseling skills. Scholarship monies are intended for use during the Fall or Spring semester of 2012-13. The five hundred dollar scholarship (or 2 two hundred and fifty dollar Scholarships) is being granted by the Connecticut School Counselor Association through its executive committee. This will be paid directly to the college or university.
FOR COMMITTEE CONSIDERATION, APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING (MUST BE MAILED TOGETHER IN ONE PACKET):
1. A completed scholarship application. (Download application here)
2. A letter of acceptance OR evidence of enrollment (most recent transcript or copy) in a School Counseling program.
3. One copy of transcript. (Graduate for those presently enrolled; Undergraduate for those entering)
4. A letter of recommendation from a qualified supervisor or professor who can provide an appraisal of the applicant’s leadership qualities, sincerity of purpose, and probable success in the program.
5. A brief statement about what you can bring to the school counseling profession that is unique and will help the profession grow.
· Applicant must be a student member of the Connecticut School Counselor Association.
· Submit completed application packet postmarked no later than June 30, 2012, to the address below. Questions can be emailed to: . The scholarship recipient will be announced at the beginning of the next school year and recognized at the CSCA Fall Conference.
CSCA Scholarship Chair
877 Hanover Rd., Meriden, CT 06451