What is title page in Elsevier?
An accurate and succinct description of the article so that the reader knows exactly what the article contains. The title includes key words to assist readers with finding the article.
How do you write a journal title page?
Optional depending on Journal Guidelines (Part 2 – discussed in next post)
- Headers – Running title, First Author name.
- Footnotes – Grant support, Conflict of Interest (Declaration of commercial interest), Authorship, Statement of author death.
- List of Abbreviations.
- Miscellaneous (Word count, article type)
What should a title page look like?
The title page should contain the title of the paper, the author’s name, and the institutional affiliation. Your title may take up one or two lines. All text on the title page, and throughout your paper, should be double-spaced. Beneath the title, type the author’s name: first name, middle initial(s), and last name.
How do you do APA format on Google Docs?
How to Use the APA Template in Google Docs
- Open a new document and select File > New > From template.
- The template gallery will open in a separate browser tab. Scroll down to the Education section and select Report APA.
- A new document will open containing dummy text in APA format.
How do you do MLA format on Google Docs?
MLA Format Google Docs
- All text is font “Times New Roman” & Size 12.
- One-inch page margin for all sides (top, bottom, right and left)
- A header with your last name and page number 1/2 inch from the top-right of each page.
- The entire research paper is double-spaced.
How do I write APA format?
APA Formatting Basics
- All text should be double-spaced.
- Use one-inch margins on all sides.
- All paragraphs in the body are indented.
- Make sure that the title is centered on the page with your name and school/institution underneath.
- Use 12-point font throughout.
- All pages should be numbered in the upper right hand corner.
How do you do a running head in APA format on Google Docs?
Select the top left option 4. Now in the header section of your paper, before the page number, double click and type “Running head:” followed by the [possibly abbreviated] title in all capital letters. The running head should be a maximum of 50 characters, including letters, punctuation, and spaces between words.
How do you do hanging indents on Google Docs?
Use the following steps to format a hanging indent in Google Docs.
- Highlight the citation(s) you want to indent.
- Along the top menu, click on “Format,” then go down to “Align & indent,” then click on “Indentation options.”
- In the Indentation options menu, under “Special,” select “Hanging.”
- Click “Apply.”
How do you insert a running head in Google Docs?
Adding the Running Head to Your Google Doc Open your existing Doc or start a new one. Click Insert > Header & page number > Header from the toolbar to edit the header. The first page of your document will include the text “Running head:” before your title (but not on any other pages).
How do you superscript in Google Docs?
To format text in superscript or subscript, you can either select some text first or place the cursor where you want to insert it into your document. Next, click Format > Text and then select either “Superscript” or “Subscript” from the choices provided.
How do you make a Page 1 of 2 on Google Docs?
Step 1: Go to Google Drive at https://drive.google.com/drive/my-drive and open the file into which you want to add the page count. Step 2: Click inside the header, then position your cursor at the point where you would like to add the page count. Step 3: Click the Insert tab at the top of the window.
How do you insert a running head?
On the View tab, select the Print Layout document view. Double click the header area of the document. On the Header & Footer Tools Design tab, in the Options group, select the check box for Different First Page. In the First Page Header box at the top of page 1, type Running head: and then your abbreviated title.
Is the running head the same as the title?
The running head should be a shortened version of your paper title. If the paper title is already short, the running head can be the same as the paper title. Write the running head in all-capital letters and place it left-justified in the page header, across from the right-justified page number.
How do I make the header only on the first page?
In Microsoft Word 2010:
- On the View menu, click the Insert tab and click Header.
- Look toward the bottom of the list that appears and click Edit header.
- Click the box that says Different first page.
Is the running head on every page?
The running head appears in the header of every page along with the page number. (The header by nature is situated within the top margin of your paper; all the margins themselves should be set to 1 inch.) On the first page of the paper only, the running head is preceded by the words Running head and a colon.
Is there a running head in APA 7th edition?
The running head on the title page no longer includes the words “Running head:”. It now contains only a page number and the (shortened) paper title. The running head is omitted in student papers (unless your instructor tells you otherwise).
Do you need a running head in APA 7th edition?
In the 7th edition of the manual, the running head is “required only for manuscripts being submitted for publication. Running heads are not required for student papers unless the instructor or institution requests them [emphasis added]” (American Psychological Association [APA], 2020, p. 37).
How do I do a running head with page numbers?
Go to the menu, at the top of the page, under Header and Footer Tools, click the box that says Different first page. Your cursor should now be at the top of page 1 in the header box. Set the cursor just to the left of the number 1 and type Running head: and then your abbreviated title in all caps.
How do you do a running head in APA format?
Here is how to do it:
- Go to the Insert page in Word.
- Select Blank Header, the first option.
- Click on Page Number on the top left.
- Type the title of the paper in all caps.
- After typing the title, place the cursor immediately to the left of the page number.
- Select the Different First Page option at the top center.
How do I insert a running head and page number in Google Docs?
Add headers & footers
- On your computer, open a document in Google Docs.
- In the top left, click Insert. Header & page number.
- Choose Header or Footer.
- Enter text for the header or footer.
How do you add page numbers to Table of Contents in Google Docs?
To do so, follow these steps:
- Click in your Document where you’d like the table of contents to appear.
- Go to Insert > Table of contents… and simply select the numbered option.
- You will see a gadget appear which has the table of contents for you to click on.
- Locate a section in your document and highlight the title.
How do you set up a table of contents in Google Docs?
Add, change, or delete a table of contents
- On your computer, open a document in Google Docs.
- Click where you want the table of contents.
- Click Insert. Table of contents.
- Choose how you want the table of contents to look.
How do you do 1 inch margins on Google Docs?
How to Do 1 Inch Margins on Google Docs
- Sign into Google Drive and open an existing Google Docs file or create a new document.
- Select the File tab at the top-left of the window.
- Choose the Page setup option at the bottom of the menu.
- Set margins by changing the values in each of the margin fields to 1.
- Click the OK button to apply the change.