What makes good choreography?
*lyrical sense: familiarity with the music that allows the choreographer to convey meaning to the audience through the dancer(s) without beating them over the head with it, so to speak; *a good understanding of their dancer(s) ability and potential; *a prodigious movement vocabulary.
What is the role of choreographer?
A Choreographer designs and directs the dance or stylized movement in musical productions, working closely with the director and musical director. A choreographer works with dancers to interpret and develop ideas and transform them into the finished performance.
What is the importance of the various choreographic forms of dance in your life?
Learning a variety of dance styles allows for versatility in the way your body is able to translate movement and choreography. When you have a wider vocabulary to work from, your ability to comprehend and take ownership over your learning (be is dance or otherwise) enhances. All techniques serve each other.
What are the elements of choreography?
Elements of Choreography
- Time: Time encompasses rhythm, speed and syncopation of movements.
- Energy: Energy relates to the quality of movement.
- Space: Space is the area the dancer is performing in.
- Put it all together: By using these three elements in combinations, many variations in movements can be created.
What are the qualities of movement?
qualities of movement: The most recognized qualities of movement are sustained, percussive, suspended, swinging, and collapsing. Movement qualities are considered a part of the element of force/energy. into space, and affects emotional and spatial relationships and intentions.
What are the important factors of a good dance performance?
The 3 Most Important Factors For Great Social Dancing
- It’s all about the MUSIC: You do not dance to 123, 567! Those are counts, you dance to the music!
- TECHNIQUE, Technique, Technique. Perfect Practice makes perfect.
- HAVE FUN: Having Fun is probably the most important thing on the dance floor.
What are the qualities of energy?
APPENDIX 1: The Basic Characteristics of Energy
- Main Definitions. Energy is the capacity to perform work.
- Energy Sources and Forms. The basic energy source is the sun.
- Energy Quality and Operative Flexibility. Energy may be superior or inferior (i.e., its qualitative level varies).
- Energy conversions and their efficiencies.
- Energy Features and Units of Measure.
How is energy used in dance?
Energy is about how the movement happens. Choices about energy include variations in movement flow and the use of force, tension, and weight. ALL dances use the element of energy, though in some instances it may be slow, supple, indirect energy – not the punchy, high speed energy of a fast tempo dance.
What are energy efficient features?
While design costs, options, and styles vary, most energy-efficient homes have some basic elements in common: a well- constructed and tightly sealed thermal envelope; controlled ventilation; properly sized, high-efficiency heating and cooling systems; and energy-efficient doors, win- dows, and appliances.
What are the key features of an energy efficient house?
9 Key Features Found In Most Energy Efficient Homes
- Home insulation. Want a quieter, more comfortable home?
- Window replacement. Double pane, low emissivity (low-e) windows can also reduce outside noise, drafts and heating and cooling costs.
- Solar thermal.
- Air sealing.
- Solar electric panels.
- Energy efficient lighting.
- Duct sealing.
- Energy Star appliances.
What are 3 ways to save energy?
21 tips: no-cost ways to save electricity
- Turn off unnecessary lights.
- Use natural light.
- Use task lighting.
- Take shorter showers.
- Turn water off when shaving, washing hands, brushing teeth.
- Fix that leaky faucet.
- Unplug unused electronics.
- Ditch the desktop computer.
What is the importance of saving energy?
With billions of harmful emissions in the atmosphere, cutting back is always a good thing. In turn, conserving energy produces a higher quality of life. Reduced emissions result in cleaner air quality. In addition, it helps create a healthier planet, or at least helps sustain the resources we already have.
What can we do to reduce energy consumption?
Top 5 Steps to Reduce Your Energy Consumption
- Shutdown your computer. Computers are some of the biggest energy users in office buildings.
- Choose the right light. LED bulbs are the most energy efficient lighting option.
- Eliminate vampire power: unplug idle electronics.
- Use a power strip to reduce your plug load.
- Turn off the lights.
Why is it important to save water?
Conserving water is important because it keeps water pure and clean while protecting the environment. Conserving water means using our water supply wisely and be responsible. Keeping our water supply safe and pure will protect the water for the generations to come.
How does energy use impact the environment?
The environmental problems directly related to energy production and consumption include air pollution, climate change, water pollution, thermal pollution, and solid waste disposal. The emission of air pollutants from fossil fuel combustion is the major cause of urban air pollution.
What are the impacts of energy exploitation?
Fossil fuels—coal, oil, and natural gas—do substantially more harm than renewable energy sources by most measures, including air and water pollution, damage to public health, wildlife and habitat loss, water use, land use, and global warming emissions.
How does energy affect our daily lives?
Energy is an essential part of our daily lives! We use energy to heat and cool our homes, schools, and businesses. We use energy for lights and appliances. Energy makes our vehicles go, planes fly, boats sail, and machines run. All living things need energy too.