What questions do they ask at a grad school interview?
Grad School Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why do you want to study at our school?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- If accepted, what will be your biggest challenge here?
- How has your professional experience (or education) prepared you to succeed in this program?
- What are your career goals?
What questions do they ask in a Masters interview?
Postgraduate interview questions
- Can you tell me about yourself?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Do you think that your undergraduate record accurately reflects your effort and ability?
- Describe your dream job in the future.
- Which academic or businessperson do you most admire and why?
What should I know before getting a PhD?
Here are nine things to consider before doing a PhD.
- Do you really need it?
- Research your area of interest.
- Project-based PhD v open PhD.
- Choosing a supervisor.
- Should you choose an interdisciplinary topic?
- Be a reader.
- Academic life and networking.
- Passion and commitment.
What should I ask a graduate recruiter?
Do the program, the graduate school, and the university focus on mentoring for student success? How much professional development programming is there for graduate students? Are there active student groups that appeal to me? What kind of resources and support are there for students with children?
How long are graduate interviews?
An interview can last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, and giving short answers is more likely to earn you extra questions than it is to let you out early, so don’t be afraid to add nuance and texture to your responses through added details.
What do interviewers want to hear when they ask tell me about yourself?
Here’s a little secret: When an interviewer says, “Tell me about yourself,” he or she really wants to know how your experience is pertinent to the job you’re interviewing for. I’ve worked in a variety of jobs, usually customer service-related. I’m looking for a company that offers growth opportunities.”