Where do you put a list of tables and figures in thesis?
Lists of Tables, Figures, and Illustrations
- Include the heading(s) in all capital letters, centered 1″ below the top of the page.
- Include one double-spaced line between the heading and the first entry.
- Each entry must include a number, title, and page number.
Where do figures go in a dissertation?
Need to Know:
- Figures must appear in the text as near as possible to the discussion relating to them.
- DO NOT insert a table in the middle of a sentence.
- Figures must be numbered consecutively using Arabic numbers throughout the thesis, as should tables, examples, and illustrations.
Where do you label tables and figures?
Labeling Tables and Figures Tables and figures must all be labeled with numbered captions that clearly identify and describe them. Figure captions are generally placed below the figures, while table captions must be placed above the tables.
Which comes first list of tables or list of figures?
If even one numbered table or figure appears in your manuscript, then a List of Tables and/or a List of Figures must be included in your manuscript following the Table of Contents. If both are used, arrange the List of Tables before the List of Figures.
How do you list tables and figures in APA?
APA table format
- Table number in bold above the table.
- Brief title, in italics and title case, below the table number.
- No vertical lines.
- Horizontal lines only where necessary for clarity.
- Clear, concise labels for column and row headings.
- Numbers consistently formatted (e.g. with the same number of decimal places).
What is list of tables in Project report?
A List of Tables is a reference tool that allows your readers to quickly and easily navigate to data in your thesis or dissertation. Construction of the list is similar to creating a Table of Contents.
How do I add a list of figures in a table of contents?
To create a combined list of tables and figures
- After the table of contents, click where you want to insert the list.
- In the Insert menu, pull down to Index and Tables.
- Click Table of Figures.
- Check Include label and number, Show page numbers, Right align page numbers.
- Click Options.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
Why is my table of contents not picking up headings?
The problem is that only if the entire paragraph is formatted as a heading will it be included in the TOC. (To update the TOC, right-click on it and choose Update Field.) If headings in tables are still not showing up in your TOC, then it is possible that your document is exhibiting an early sign of corruption.
What does list of figures mean?
The list of figures identifies the titles and locations of visuals (figures, drawings, photos, maps) in administrative or research documents. Articles in periodicals do not use lists of figures. Figures concentrate information in unusual ways and show critical details, configurations, and evidence.
How do you insert a table of contents?
Create the table of contents
- Click where you want to insert the table of contents – usually near the beginning of a document.
- Click References > Table of Contents and then choose an Automatic Table of Contents style from the list.
How do you modify a table of contents in Word?
Format the text in your table of contents
- Go to References > Table of Contents > Custom Table of Contents.
- Select Modify.
- In the Styles list, click the level that you want to change and then click Modify.
- In the Modify Style pane, make your changes.
- Select OK to save changes.
How do I add a sub heading to a table of contents?
- To create a subheading in your table of contents, create the subheading in your document. Highlight it and click Heading 2 at the top of your screen.
- It will be added to your table of contents, nested underneath the appropriate chapter heading.
How do I make a table of contents clickable in Word?
Add the link
- Select the text or object you want to use as a hyperlink.
- Right-click and then click Hyperlink .
- Under Link to, click Place in This Document.
- In the list, select the heading or bookmark that you want to link to.
How do I make a table of contents clickable?
Now place the cursor at the position you want to insert the table of linkable contents, click References > Table of Contents > Custom Table of Contents. 3. In the Table of Contents dialog, keep Show page numbers, Right align page numbers and Use hyperlinks instead of page numbers options checked, click Options.
How do I add page numbers after table of contents?
Put the cursor after the text on the page that should be the last one without a page number, for example the table of contents. Click on the Layout tab. Select Breaks → Sections Breaks → Next Page. Put the cursor on the page where the page numbering should start (that is section two in the document).
How do I update table of contents in Word 2010?
Update a table of contents
- Click anywhere in the table of contents.
- Press F9 or the Update Table button in the content control (or on the REFERENCES tab)
- Use the Update Table of Contents dialog box to choose what to update.
- Click OK.
What is text wrapping and anchoring?
Text wrapping is a feature that enables you to surround a picture or diagram with a text. 2. Anchoring is the use of irrelevant information, such as the purchase price of a security, as a reference for evaluating an unknown value of a financial instrument.
What is the purpose of wrap text option?
In Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet programs, Wrap Text is a feature that shows all information in a cell, even if it overflows the cell boundary. For example, the image shows that cell G2 has text that is cut off because the adjacent cell H2 has text.